SpiderSmart, Inc., is looking to engage either an independent consultant who can integrate with our team to deliver development and maintenance on our array of server-side and client-side digital properties.
SpiderSmart, Inc., is a growing education firm with 30 franchises in the United States and Canada. For the past 30 years, SpiderSmart has promoted a “whole child” learning philosophy that prepares children to succeed in school and thrive in life. Our curriculum helps students to achieve both of these goals because it is designed to not only maximize academic achievement, but also instill confidence, respect for the greater world, and a lifelong love of learning. Reading is fundamental in learning—which is why our entire curriculum is based on this tenet. The lynchpin and backbone of the program is its interactive website which connects SpiderSmart to its students and their parents.
The perfect candidate is an individual that understands the underlying concepts involved in full stack web development and is willing to learn and adapt to the unique needs of SpiderSmart. The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for developing and designing front-end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications and working alongside graphic designers for web design features, among other duties.
The Full Stack Developer will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Develop front end website architecture.
• Collaborate with a team to design user interactions on web pages.
• Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile platforms.
• Ensure responsiveness of applications.
• Work alongside graphic designers for web design features.
• See through a project from conception to finished product.
• Design and develop backend APIs.
• Meet both technical and consumer needs.
• Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
• Degree in relevant field or demonstrated experience in field.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Experience and proficiency with fundamental back-end technology such as PHP, Java, or Python.
• Experience with Angular and TypeScript a huge plus. Experience with jQuery, React, and other established front-end libraries and frameworks also a plus.
• Experience working with API communication protocols (REST and/or GraphQL)
• Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter, with good problem-solving skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Flexible working hours
• Work remotely